The Junior League of Norfolk-Virginia Beach, Inc. is proud to present our award-winning cookbooks. Over 150,000 copies of our cookbooks have been sold to date, celebrating Virginia’s finest food and beverages.
For questions contact Christina VanLear at cookbook.JLNVB@gmail.com.
RECIPES OF THE MONTH: HELLO, FALL!
Dijon-Maple Pork Tenderloin with Apples
Tidewater on the Half Shell
- 1 package of pork tenderloin (2 pieces per package)
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard 6 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeked and cut into wedges
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix Dijon-style mustard, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, rosemary, salt, and pepper to make a sauce. Cover tenderloin with sauce. Cook in roasting pan in preheated 325 degree oven for approximately 25-35 minutes, or until internal temperature of the tenderloin reaches 160 degrees. Cook Granny Smith apples in large skillet on high heat until brown. Stir in remaining 4 tablespoons maple syrup. Serve with the pork.
Requires advance preparation.
Yields approximately 6 dozen 1-inch balls.
Preparation time: 40 minutes.
- 1 Pound 2 ounce Oreo Cookies, finely crushed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier liqueur, optional
- 10 ounces German chocolate
- 2 tablespoons paramount crystals (found in candy supply store)
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
Mix Oreo cookies and cream cheese with an electric mixer on slow speed until completely mixed. Stir Grand Marnier liqueur into cookie crumb mixture; mix again. Roll mixture into small balls. Place balls on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper; freeze for several hours. Place German chocolate in a double boiler over low heat; melt. Stir paramount crystals into German chocolate, as needed, to thin German chocolate for dipping. Remove balls from freezer; dip in melted chocolate, covering completely. Place chocolate-covered balls back on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper; return to freezer. Drizzle firm chocolate balls with melted white chocolate for garnish. Store in freezer – safe container until ready to serve. The chocolate truffles thaw quickly.