The Junior League of Norfolk-Virginia Beach, Inc. is proud to present our award-winning cookbooks. Over 150,000 copies of our cookbooks have been sold to date, celebrating Virginia’s finest food and beverages.
For questions contact Christina VanLear at cookbook.JLNVB@gmail.com.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Tidewater on the Half Shell
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced
- 2 summer or zucchini squash, thinly sliced
- 1 cup uncooked spaghetti in 1-inched pieces
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch oregano
Combine tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire, salt, garlic and oregano. Layer half of vegetables, spaghetti, cheese and tomato mixture in greased 3-quart casserole in order listed. Repeat process. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 1 ½ hours. For a heartier dish, add a layer of browned ground beef. Serves 8.