The Junior League of Norfolk-Virginia Beach was founded in 1925 with a rich history of volunteer service. For over 90 years, the JLNVB has provided its members with training, leadership skills, and the opportunities to make a difference in the lives of citizens throughout South Hampton Roads. Today, it is a diverse group of dedicated women working to make a positive impact on South Hampton Roads by focusing on the health and education of women and children. As a nonprofit, its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. The JLNVB welcomes all women who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism and leadership.
The JLNVB has more than 400 New Member, Active, and Sustaining members. Our membership includes women from diverse backgrounds, ranging from business owners and working mothers to young professionals and stay-at-home moms. Each year, members provide over 1,000 hours of service to various events and organizations.
The JLNVB is part of a larger organization: the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI). AJLI includes almost 300 Junior Leagues throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, England and Europe consisting of approximately 200,000 women, all striving for positive change in their communities.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Be a catalyst for positive change through serving the South Hampton Roads community
- Directly impact the community and work closely with other community organizations and leaders
- Numerous opportunities to learn new leadership skills, such as chairing committees, planning and organizing league events, and mentoring
- Develop personally and professionally through our national, regional and local training opportunities
- Opportunities to engage and network with like-minded women and pursue common interests
- New friends and opportunities for continued growth and fulfillment
- League membership is transferable throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and England
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!
We are so excited to have you join our wonderful organization. To make it easier we now have an option to pay the New Member Course Fee online. Just click here , select “Make Reservation” and it will take you to the payment page.
INTERESTED IN JOINING?
JLNVB membership is open to all women who are at least 21 years old and demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism. Read about our 2017-2018 year and membership requirements in our membership packet. The JLNVB hosts a variety of recruitment events across South Hampton Roads. We encourage you to check out our Facebook or events page to learn more about upcoming recruitment events. These events provide an opportunity for prospective new members to meet and socialize with current active JLNVB members and get more information on the League.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2018-2019 League year. While we prepare and update the application packets for the 2019-2020 League year, you may access the previous packets here for reference . The deadline to apply this year was July 15, 2018, but we will have upcoming opportunities to meet current members, at which you can explore this service and personal development opportunity to see if it is right for you. Please contact the New Member Recruitment Chair with questions. Thank you for your interest in our League!