Junior League of Norfolk-Virginia Beach is an organization of women whose mission is to advance women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training.
JLNVB VISION STATEMENT
We are an organization of diverse women creating a positive impact on the lives of women and children in South Hampton Roads.
WHAT WE DO
- Supply volunteers, administer guidance and supply financial support for our projects
- Educate and train members to create responsible community leaders
- Participate in community programs using volunteer assistance and board representation
- Reach out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism
- Research changing community needs and expand services through projects to meet those needs
- Create a positive impact on the lives of children in South Hampton Roads
The Association of Junior Leagues, Inc. Values
Diversity: The Junior League welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities.
Collaboration: We believe lasting societal change is achieved through both collaboration and meaningful disagreement. Living the value of collaboration inspires us to accomplish more together.
Community: We believe a strong sense of community is essential to human well-being. Living the value of community provides a foundation of inclusion, which allows us to make a greater impact on the world around us.
Empowerment: We believe that the empowerment of women is a necessary requirement to create positive, lasting societal change. Living the value of empowerment fosters trust and confidence in each other.
Leadership: We believe in the unique power of women’s leadership abilities to transform communities for the better. Living the value of leadership allows us to make a collective difference.
Respect: We believe respect is a fundamental human right. Living the value of respect instills in us unconditional positive regard for others.
Service: We believe it is through service that we build core relationships with others. Service is the lens through which we decide how we will invest our time and resources. Living the value of service empowers us as catalysts for lasting community change.