Would you like to learn more about the Junior League of Norfolk-Virginia Beach, Inc.? Join us at Abuelo’s Mexican Restaurant on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 from 5 to 8 pm and enjoy food and drinks while learning more about our organization. Mingle with current members as they share what they love most about their volunteer service with the JLNVB. All are welcome. We look forward to meeting you! If you are interested in joining, our application for the 2017-2018 year is available here and due by July 16, 2017.
Abuelo’s Mexican Restaurant
1712 Ring Road
Chesapeake, VA 23320
The Junior League of Norfolk-Virginia Beach is open to women who possess an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing their potential through effective action and leadership. New members joining the League will enter as part of a New Member class. During your New Member year, you learn how the JLNVB gives back to the South Hampton Roads community through the projects it supports, utilize training and education opportunities, and make lifelong friends with other League members. We have proudly served South Hampton Roads since 1925, focusing our efforts on assisting local women and children in need. This past year alone, we served over 7,000 individuals, volunteering over 1,000 hours in our local community.
Benefits of membership:
- Be a catalyst for positive change through serving the South Hampton Roads community
- Directly impact the community and work closely with other community organizations and leaders
- Numerous opportunities to learn new leadership skills, such as chairing committees, planning and organizing league events, and mentoring
- Develop personally and professionally through our national, regional and local training opportunities
- Opportunities to engage and network with like-minded women and pursue common interests
- New friends and opportunities for continued growth and fulfillment
- League membership is transferable throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and England
JLNVB’s 2016-17 new member class celebrating a successful year at April’s general membership meeting.