The Junior League of Norfolk-Virginia Beach, Inc. is an organization of women, committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
JLNVB Vision Statement
We are an organization of diverse women creating positive change in the lives of women and children in South Hampton Roads.
AJLI Reaching Out Statement
The Association of Junior Leagues International and the Junior League of Norfolk-Virginia Beach, Inc. reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
What We Do
- Volunteer services, administer guidance, and supply financial support for our projects.
- Educate and train members through volunteer work for responsible community leadership.
- Participate in community programs through volunteer assistance and board representation. JLNVB members volunteer over 60,000 hours of their time annually.
- Reach out to women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
- Research changing community needs and expand services through projects to meet those needs.
- Create positive change in the lives of children in South Hampton Roads.
Although the work is reward in itself, the JLNVB has been recognized locally and nationally for some of the great programs we have established.
- 1998 L.D. Britt, M.D. Community Award
- 1998 Volunteer Hampton Roads Award
- 1992 AJLI/BMW Award
Other Junior Leagues
To locate another Junior League, click here to use the AJLI locate a league tool.