As you juggle taking care of everything and everyone else, make sure to practice self-care too.
Let’s face it, 2020 has been a stressful year on everyone. As we adjust to our “new normal” and take care of our families, kids and pets, it is important to remember that we all need to take care of ourselves. Staying on top of our mental and physical health is just as important as taking care of others and learning how to work Zoom.
Here are some tips to make sure you are prioritizing the most important person, yourself!
- It’s important to fuel your body by eating healthy, well balanced meals. Equally important to indulge in a fun cocktail or your favorite dessert every once in a while too. Simple pleasures sometimes make us the most happy.
- Make sure that you are focusing on getting enough sleep every night. If your work schedule has changed (or remained the same) focus on a normal bedtime and staying within a routine.
- Exercise, Exercise, Exercise! Go on a walk, run or bike with your family or fur babies. Make sure to practice social distancing!
- Your mental health is extremely important as well. If feeling overwhelmed, focus on the things that you can control in your life.
- Listen to your favorite music or read books. Watch all those series on your watchlist that you haven’t had time to before.
- Look for ways to help out in your community. As members of the Junior League, there are always areas where we can help others, even in a pandemic.
- Have Zoom dates or happy hours with friends and family! Make sure that you are checking in with your loved ones.
Always remember that we are all working hard to deal with this unprecedented situation. Be kind to yourself and others. Everything is temporary, and we look forward to being back together soon!
If you are feeling overwhelmed or down, reach out to friends or other members in the league, we are here to help each other get through this.