Scavenger Haunt is back and this time, it’s going virtual! Get your tickets now for this frighteningly fun event!
Join us for an amazing Halloween-themed, virtual scavenger hunt that’s guaranteed to be more fun than virtual learning! To ensure the safety of all haunters, JLNVB’s 7th Annual Scavenger Haunt will be held remotely, which means you and your team can play from anywhere! Spend an afternoon with your boos, solving clues — everything from riddles and trivia to performing minute-to-win-it stunts — to rack up points! Spooktacular prizes will be delivered after the haunt to the teams that earn the most points and rock the best costumes!
Teams of 2, 3 or 4 people! Kids welcomed!
Play from Anywhere!
Costumes are strongly encouraged (No, your Zoom shirt doesn’t count)
General Admission: $10 or $35/4-pack
Tickets go on sale at 12:00pm on September 16th until 11:59pm on Friday, October 30th.
*Please note this event is rain or shine. Tickets are non-refundable. All proceeds go to support Junior League of Norfolk-Virginia Beach and its mission of promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
To save a tree, tickets will not be shipped. Detailed instructions on how to play and a game link will be provided the week of the event.
This year’s Haunt will look different than years prior, but it’s guaranteed to be just as fun! Whether you are brand new to our event or a seasoned haunter, we are excited to have your join us and appreciate your support of our league! Check out these frequently asked question or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- What is Scavenger Haunt? Scavenger Haunt is an app based, interactive scavenger hunt with a Halloween twist! Teams of up to four can play through a smartphone app called Goosechase! When the haunt opens at 12pm, hundreds of clues will become available for you and your fellow haunters to solve. Clues vary from simple trivia questions, to minute-to-win-it type activities that require video proof, to riddles that must be answered via photograph. Each clue will have a point value assigned to it and at the end of the 3-hr haunt, the teams with the most points win!
- What exactly does “virtual” mean? Virtual means there will be no centralized haunt zone or meeting location – you can participate in the Haunt from the smartphone app, from anywhere! Your house, your neighborhood, you name it. You do not have to travel to participate, but to rack up points quickly, we do recommend playing from an urban or semi urban environment (somewhere with stores, buildings, signs, etc that you can photograph to answer the clues). Instructions for downloading the app and how to check in will be provided via email to ticket holders the week of the event.
- Will there be clue sponsors? No, we will not have bars and restaurants as clue sponsors like we have in the past. This wouldn’t be fair since it would require you to still travel to a single area. Instead, the clues will be geographically diverse, meaning we will include some location based clues for multiple cities in South Hampton Roads (take a photo with King Neptune, find a sign that says Greenbrier, pose with a Norfolk mermaid, etc), as well as plenty of geographically neutral clues that can be accomplished anywhere! (i.e. take a picture of a pine tree).
- Are kids allowed to play? Yes! Because we are not meeting at a bar / do not have bars as sponsors, we do not have to require haunters to be 21+ as we have in the years before. For this reason, we wanted to give families a chance to play too! Some families may not be comfortable participating in traditional trick-or-treating this year, so this is a great alternative to do with your kids instead!
- Can I still drink alcohol if my team is 21+? If all of your haunters are of legal drinking age and you are doing so responsibly, you may still enjoy your boos during your haunt! You can play from any location you want, so if you and your friends want to hit up Granby Street or the Boardwalk, go for it! Please just remember to be safe, designate a driver, and wear a mask if you are out and about 🙂
For more information on Scavenger Haunt and how you can get involved, please contact JLNVB’s Special Events/Scavenger Haunt Chair, Tanya Yeh at email@example.com.